An empowering programme creating new livelihoods in Cultural Industries amongst the skilled but economically vulnerable communities of India, JIYO! – a design-led project of the Asian Heritage Foundation – signifies the arrival of India’s first community-owned, ‘Swadeshi (Indigenous) Brand’ for the 21st Century.
- To map and position, communities of artists and craftspeople across India, as an innovative, ecologically sustainable and unique cultural legacy.
- To interface time-honoured skills and practices with modern-day themes and designs, generating renewed rural livelihood.
- To set international standards for cross-cultural artistic collaboration.
- To empower the communities of skilled poor with their inherent creative potential towards becoming the principal stakeholders of their cultural businesses.
- Creation of alternative choices of lifestyles for young consumers.